My name is Farzad Abbaspour (فرزاد عباس پور). I’m a digital media engineer/theoretician; and this is my online journal. Do you want to get to know me better? This blog is where you can learn all about me, so read on!
Who am I, you ask?
A cosmopolitan high-achiever with an American accent!
I was born in Iran. With a passion for American lifestyle and the glamor of the digital world, managed to pursue my education in both English linguistics and Software engineering. I became an authorized English and Culture instructor at the age of 17. I also worked part-time as a creative director at one of Iran’s leading IT companies specializing in targeted advertisement and computer hardware trading. Professional achievements also include academic line editing in partnership with The University of Bremen and pursuing a career as an English instructor while maintaining a perfect academic and attendance record in school. Successfully completed several web-design, automation and translation projects on time, single handedly and cooperatively. Forward thinking, technology driven, innovative, punctual, responsible, patient, and quick to learn new skills. Work well under pressure.
Why you should hire me!
Content marketing and demographic research comprise the core of my academic and professional experience with my other skills ranging from professional web design to photography and even voice-acting.
With human psychology being one of my main interests in academic research, I have always strived to learn more about what appeals the most to each distinct demographic. Therefore, at the age of 20, I got my head-start as a market researcher back in my home country, Iran. My internship at Beroozresani, which was followed by my employment at the company, allowed me to not only apply my theoretic methods to large demographics, but also experiment with new imaginative projects such as screenwriting Iran’s first tech show whose episodes generated over 3 million views on our social media channels. My efforts collectively maximized the brand exposure for Beroozresani, which was essentially a company specializing in targeted advertisement and international hardware trading. I also actively participated in international public relations by networking with several accessory manufacturing companies during my employment. Overall, I believe I’m intrinsically most passionate about exploring and implementing the underlying social dynamics that make certain types of media content stand out. However, digital content is not my only forte. My most recent job, as an assistant publishing editor, was to produce and proofread quality written materials both for online publication and print at the University of Bremen.
Prior to starting my professional career solely in the field of digital media, I served as a part-time English instructor to teens and adults. That is why I am a firm believer in the power of effective communication. I think this has always made me a skilled communicator both while working in teams and in understanding large demographic trends. Throughout my endeavors, I have my made it my mission to present works of science and art, which are well-reasoned and researched. With my overall area of expertise being digital media, I am sure that, no matter where I am, I will always try to deliver a fine balance between the precision you would demand from an engineer, and the attention to detail that is typical of an artist.
Trivial Information About Me
- Height: 6’1″
- Favorite colors: Folly, Dark Cyan, Flirt, Deep Violet, Chocolate Kisses,
- Favorite cities: NYC, Los Angeles, Paris, Amsterdam, Tehran
- All-time favorite movies: The Only Living Boy in New York, The Vanishing of Sydney Hall, Candy Jar, How to Talk to Girls at Parties, Say You Will,
- All-time favorite TV shows: Anne of Green Gables, Road to Avonlea, Emily of New Moon, Sense8, 13 Reasons Why, The Secret Circle,
- Favorite music: EDM, Alternative, Country
- Favorite video games: Call of Duty: WWII, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, The Syberia Series, Serious Sam,
- Favorite comedians: Jimmy Fallon
- Favorite magazine: The New Yorker, Teen Vogue
- Favorite radio station: 24/7 Comedy
- Favorite bands: Westlife, Backstreet Boy
- Favorite artists: Dua Lipa, Bebe Rexha, Owl City, Dove Cameron, John Mayer
- All-time favorite actors/actresses: Julia Roberts, Emma Roberts, Saoirse Ronan, Richard Gere, Elle Fanning, Margaret Qualley, Kathrine Langford, Katherine Hughes, Robert De Niro
- Favorite books: The Diary of a Young Girl, The Road to Avonlea, Agnes, A Series of Unfortunate Events
- Favorite drink: mint tea, cappuccino, hot chocolate, Red Bull
- Favorite food: Italian food, pancakes, steak
- Favorite snack: apples, dark chocolate, Tuc
- Favorite dessert: cake
- Favorite fragrance: Legend by Emper, Chanel Bleu
- Favorite shops: Fnac, Virgin Megastore, Starbucks, Chanel
- Favorite fictional characters: Francis Blake and Philip Mortimer, Jughead Jones and Betty Cooper,
- Favorite activities: prototyping, writing content reviews,
- Influenced by: Alan Watts, Rowan Blanchard
Feel free to get in touch with me via the links available at the bottom of the page.