You can also find corresponding information on my LinkedIn profile.
Master of Digital Media and former enterprising software engineering student with growing professional experience in both digital media and English linguistics. Worked part-time as a creative director at one of Iran’s leading IT companies specializing in targeted advertisement and computer hardware trading. Professional achievements also include pursuing a career as an English instructor at a local language school while maintaining a perfect academic and attendance record in university. Successfully completed several web- design, automation and translation projects on time, single handedly and cooperatively. Forward thinking, technology driven, innovative, punctual, responsible, patient, and quick to learn new skills. Work well under pressure.
- UNIVERSITY OF BREMEN, Bremen, Germany
Master of Science in Digital Media Informatics — (October 2016 – Present)
- ISLAMIC AZAD UNIVERSITY, Mashhad Branch, Mashhad, Iran
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science-Software Engineering — (Sep 2011-June 2016)
GPA: 15.15 / 20 GPA (Final year): 17.66 / 20
Member of the executive committee for “Advertisement and Branding Through Social Media” conference held at Islamic Azad University, Mashhad Branch— (Summer 2015)
Shokooh English Institute — Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE / CEFR C2) course, (2002-2012)
- Qualified as the top student for 11 semesters out of the total 37 courses passed.
- Finished all courses nonstop up to Certificate of Proficiency (CPE) course while attending secondary school and during my freshman year in college.
- Self-studied various topics regarding psychology, teaching principles, and American urban culture.
- Implemented various creative methods to learn the language at a faster pace.
English interpreter for “The 2nd Iran-Japan Joint Conference on Water and Wastewater Industry” — (Spring 2016)
Creative director, voice actor and international public relations agent at Beroozresani — (2014-2015)
- One-to-one troubleshooting consultant for Macintosh and iOS users at the company’s central office during the course of my employment.
- Networked with several well known computer accessory manufacturers worldwide (e.g. Remax, PISEN, etc.).
- Head editor and critic for Beroozresani website’s “IT News” section.
- Provided voice-over for various TV ads.
- Provided real-time translation of Apple Keynote conferences through a live blog to more than 10000 viewers at a time.
- Creative director and head voice actor for the company’s tech show and audio podcast entitled “Touch”.
- Published an e-book aimed to address the solutions to the most typical software/hardware problems of consumer users.
- Worked effectively alongside the company’s software design teams to translate apps and web content.
American English Instructor, Shokooh English Institute — (2012-2014)
- ESOL Teacher to teens and adults in various American English File courses.
- ESOL Teacher to children in Connect courses.
- Developed, administered, and corrected tests and quizzes in a timely manner.
- Combined discipline plan with effective measures and various lesson plans to increase concentration, participation, and progress student accountability.
- More than 90 % English learner satisfaction rate.
- Instructor of highest levels assigned to teachers in the branch.
Teacher Training Course, Shokooh English Institute — (Summer 2012)
- Certified among top trainees with 25 other attendants.
- Iran’s first clothing store/fashion center “JamehSara.com”, 2015: Iran’s first online clothing shop and localized fashion center. The project is a work in progress.
- “Rumi House”, 2015: Azad University’s Literature and Human Studies Department’s website dedicated to Rumi .
- “Touch by Beroozresani”, 2014: Screenwriting, editing and providing voice-over for one of the first Iranian technology shows/podcasts. The project was sponsored by Beroozresani and is now available on iTunes Podcasts by the same name.
- Language School Automation System “Arielle”, 2014: Arielle is a fully working php-based all-in-one automation system, designed from the ground up, for any Iranian language school. Arielle is intuitive, easy to use, and above all it is web-based, which means the management personnel can make changes to their data anywhere, anytime.
- Voluntary online contribution to translation projects at Ian Somerhalder Foundation (ISF), 2013.
- Twitter translation project (into Farsi), 2012: Worked actively among the top 8 Persian translators of Twitter for the entire year of 2012.
- Official Farsi translator for Internet Download Manager (IDM), 2012: IDM is the most well-known app used worldwide to accelerate downloads. The translation project is managed by Tonec Inc. in New York.
- Web designer for “Reach for the Starz”, 2011: “Reach for the Starz” is the Internet’s first celebrity events calendar. The website addresses various events where people from all around the world get a chance to meet famous celebrities. The events are all published through a dynamic web-based calendar which can be easily integrated into people’s cell phones through online subscription.
Awards and Honors
- 2013 Webby Awards nominee for ‘Reach for the Starz’
- 2011 Ranked 1120th (top 5%) among more than 300,000 students participating in the nationwide undergraduate studies entrance exam in Iran.
- 2010 National award for “Best Blog” in the Cultural Activities Competition.
- 2006 Qualified in second place for “Best Poem” in the state-wide Cultural Activities Competition.
- Professional: PHP, CSS, HTML, SQL Database design, Word, Powerpoint, Excel, iOS and Macintosh deployment and troubleshooting, Voice-acting, video and audio podcast screenwriting, Technical Translation (Persian/English), Customer-relationship management (CRM), Simultaneous interpreting (Persian/English conversations).
- Teaching: tutoring and counseling, effectively work with parents, management skills to work under pressure and in order to meet deadlines, creative curriculum design.
- General: Cooking, blogging, photography, negotiating, native American accent.
- English: Fluent
– IELTS Academic, 2015: Speaking: 8 Band score: 7
– Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE / CEFR C2) preparation course, 2012.
- Persian: Native
- Arabic: Novice
Modern web design, audio mixing, country music, linguistics, song writing, human psychology, American pop culture.
“EXPRESS LANE”, (July 2017): A practical strategy review to the IELTS for the test-takers who aim for high band scores.