Master of Digital Media and former enterprising software engineering student with growing professional experience in both digital media and English linguistics. Worked part-time as a creative director at one of Iran’s leading IT companies specializing in targeted advertisement and computer hardware trading. Professional achievements also include pursuing a career as an English instructor at a local language school while maintaining a perfect academic and attendance record in university. Successfully completed several webdesign, automation and translation projects on time, single-handedly and cooperatively. Forward thinking, technology driven, innovative, punctual, responsible, patient, and quick to learn new skills. Work well under pressure.
GPA (thus far): 3.9/4
- Qualified as the top student for 11 semesters out of the total 37 courses passed.
- Finished all courses nonstop up to Certificate of Proficiency (CPE) course while attending secondary school and during my freshman year in college.
- Self-studied various topics regarding psychology, teaching principles, and American urban culture.
- Implemented various creative methods to learn the language at a faster pace.
Creating, maintaining, and monitoring the online publications for the IGS.
- A member of the team in charge of social media branding, market research and demographic analysis to model customer behavior.
- Creative director, screenwriter, and head voice actor for the company’s tech show and audio podcast entitled “Touch”.
- Networked with several well known computer accessory manufacturers worldwide (e.g. Remax, PISEN, etc.).
- One-to-one troubleshooting consultant for Macintosh and iOS users at the company’s central office during the course of my employment.
- Head editor and critic for Beroozresani website’s “IT News” section.
- Provided voice-over for various TV ads.
- Provided real-time translation of Apple Keynote conferences through a live blog to more than 10000 viewers at a time.
- Worked effectively alongside the company’s software design teams to translate apps and web content.
- ESOL Teacher to teens and adults in various American English File courses
- ESOL Teacher to children in Connect courses
- Developed, administered, and corrected tests and quizzes in a timely manner
- Combined discipline plan with effective measures and various imaginative lesson plans to increase concentration, participation, and progress student accountability (Details)
- More than 90 % English learner satisfaction rate
- Instructor of highest levels assigned to teachers in the branch
Certified among top trainees with 25 other attendants.
“Athena: Nightwatch” is the technical implementation of a data structure for the computer to understand humane models of cognition and emotion. The data structure resembles the way human brain processes and stores data for further manipulation, knowledge extraction, and interpretation. The project is a work in progress.
This is a street photography project showcasing humane emotions when we are our true self. The project also celebrates global diversity.
Screenwriting, editing and providing voice-over for one of the first Iranian technology shows/podcasts. The project was sponsored by Beroozresani and is now available on iTunes Podcasts by the same name.
Arielle is a fully working php-based all-in-one automation system, designed from the ground up, for any Iranian language school. Arielle is intuitive, easy to use, and above all it is web-based, which means the management personnel can make changes to their data anywhere, anytime.
Worked actively among the top 8 Persian translators of Twitter for the entire year of 2012.
IDM is the most well-known app used worldwide to accelerate downloads. The translation project is managed by Tonec Inc. in New York.
“Reach for the Starz” is the Internet’s first celebrity events calendar. The website addresses various events where people from all around the world get a chance to meet famous celebrities. The events are all published through a dynamic web-based calendar which can push notification messages to users’ phones following a quick subscription procedure.
“Memory Triggers: How Musical Soundtracks Take Advantage of Silence to Activate Involuntary Autobiographical Memories and Lead to Self-Change”
“Implicit Sexism Through Language and Motion Picture in Young Hollywood”
“A New Approach to Gamification: Targeting Different Myers-Briggs Personality Types with Purposeful Use of Gamification Elements in Non-game Contexts”
Relevant links corresponding to each project/achievement has been linked within the contents of this page.